*NEW* – September 8, 2023 – Customer Alert – Increased Sewer Plant Odors in Allentown: Operational issue and solids buildup result in increased odors near the Kline’s Island Wastewater Treatment Plant.
July 21, 2023 – LCA Receives $4.9 Million in Grants and Low-Interest Loans from PENNVEST
Funds to remove lead service lines and protect public health
- Read the press release
- Testing Pipe Material
- Water Service Line Survey – Details
- Tips to Reduce Lead Exposure
Download our Media Fact Sheet for an overview of LCA, its water and wastewater systems, and the Authority’s primary issues of importance.
Learn about Protecting Water Quality
Press Release Archive
Here are recent press releases distributed to the media to inform the public or our customers of issues we are facing that may affect their water quality, rates, or other issues that are of general importance in the field of public water and sewer service.
- 9/8/2023 – Increased odors near Kline’s Island Wastewater Treatment Plant – Corrective action underway
- 3/18/2023 – Lehigh County Authority receives two DCED LSA grants
- 7/26/2022 – Lehigh County Authority Seeks Public Input to Locate Lead Pipes
- 7/10/2020 – LCA & City of Allentown Reach Tentative Agreement More info: http://el1ysvhv.yaszxq.com/leaseupdate/
- 5/22/2020 – Flushing Stagnant Water Before Reopening
- 3/12/2020 – Coronavirus and LCA Response
- 08/26/2019 – Standard & Poor’s Ratings Report on LCA Bond Sale for Allentown Lease – Upgraded to Stable
- 03/12/2019 – LCA Statement – EPA Administrative Order Closed Out
- 9/25/2018 – LCA Statement – Judge Reichley denies Allentown’s request to stop LCA from implementing monthly water & sewer rates
- 7/11/2018 – LCA Statement – Response to City of Allentown lawsuit to block monthly billing
- 5/21/2018 – LCA Statement – Board Action on Monthly Billing. Rates. Arbitration May 21 2018
- 5/11/2018 – Standard & Poors Rating Report May 11, 2018
- 5/11/2017 – Judges Agree: LCA’s Water is Best-Tasting Water in Pennsylvania
- 4/11/2016 – Beware of Water Utility Imposters!
- 3/11/2016 – LCA Initiates Legal Disputes with Allentown over Sewer Charges / Revenue
- 2/3/2016 – LCA Water Supply Meets Health Standards for Lead Exposure
- 6/8/2015 – Public Service Announcement – Beware of Water Utility Imposters!
- 3/15/2015 – Our View – Water & Sewer Services Contribute to Lehigh Valley Economy
- 2/5/2015 – LCA’s Chief Executive Officer takes a stand on nutrient pollution & impact on drinking water
- 8/7/2013 – Standard & Poor’s Ratings Report on LCA Bond Sale for Allentown Lease
- 8/1/2013 – LCA Closing Schedule – Allentown Water / Sewer System Lease
- 4/22/2013 – LCA Presentation to Allentown City Council
- 4/1/2013 – LCA Best-And-Final-Offer to Allentown
- 3/27/2013 – LCA Bid Package to Allentown
- 3/26/2013 – LCA Statement – Board Approves Resolution to Bid on Allentown Water / Sewer Lease
Susan Sampson, Communications Manager
Phone: 610-398-2503, ext. 164 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org